Nor Cal Impact
Nor Cal Impact is a 9 month hands-on discipleship training program that provides a balanced growth environment to develop and equip the whole person. More than a program, NCI is a lifestyle of total commitment for Christians on all levels. We guarantee that the things you will learn will stick with you for the rest of your life. You will be sure to find a place to develop your talents, pursue your dreams, and refine your desires.
WHO ARE WE
Nor Cal Impact is a training ground for ministry focusing on providing an atmosphere where students can meet ‘face to face’ with God. We desire to reach people for Jesus, because if we don’t reach them, who will? NCI is not only for those who desire full time ministry, but for those who desire to pursue Jesus and then make him known to the world. We are excited to offer hands on guidance and training with our students. Whether you choose vocational ministry or any other career path, becoming a committed disciple of Christ will enable you to excel in life. This is an ideal environment in which to become that disciple.
NCI will give you the opportunity to experience God’s creation on so many levels. You’ll work hard, pray hard, and play hard. It all starts in September and concludes with a graduation ceremony in May.
WHAT WE DO
1. Personal Discipleship. The most important component of Nor Cal Impact is the focus upon each student’s personal discipleship. Many colleges and internships focus heavily on “doing” and “thinking” but don’t concentrate on who the student is “becoming”. This is not the case with NCI. Students are regularly encouraged and challenged to move to new levels of faith, excellence and righteousness in their private and public lives. This personal discipleship comes from interaction with pastors, NCI staff, and church Lay leaders. Discipleship also occurs as students learn to support one another and hold each other accountable.
2. Curricular Studies. All studies will be through the Pentecostal Church of God, Ministers Bible Studies or Messenger College Online, depending on your budget. We highly encourage all of our students to take advantage of this time to pursue some type of academic training. Through instruction, dialogue, debate, reading, personal study, memorization and meditation, students sharpen their understanding of effective ministry.
3. Hands on Ministry Training. Students spend a great deal of time each week serving in various ministry capacities around the church. They are involved in up-front ministry and behind-the-scenes ministry.
You could be involved in some of these ministries: Adopt-a-block, Neighborhood Watch Programs, Food Ministry, Food Pantry Ministry, Small Groups, Teaching, Preaching, Kids Ministry, Youth Ministry, Street Ministry, Servant Evangelism, School Ministry, Assimilation Ministry, Dream Team Ministry, Growth Track Ministry, Prostitution Ministry, Facelift with Jesus Ministry, Homeless Ministry and SO MUCH MORE!
WHAT WILL THIS DO FOR ME?
- Develop a solid devotional life
- Deepen his or her understanding of the Word of God
- Participate in hands-on ministry in the local church
- Develop a passion for excellence in all areas of life and ministry
- Develop disciplines in both personal and public areas of life
- Grow in his or her understanding of sacrificial leadership
- Participate in a missions/ministry experience outside of our community
- Demonstrate a growing ability to discern the Lord’s voice in his or her life
- Gain confidence in God’s unique call on his or her life